A FEW WORDS
From OUR FOUNDER
Holistic Treatments Empowering your health
CHERYL LE ROUX
As a nutritionist, Cheryl understands the importance that nutrition plays in all aspects of health, including general well-being. Her passion for research means that Cheryl is always up to date on the latest scientific discoveries relating to health and nutrition.
Cheryl’s main areas of interest are:
- Brain Health
- Cancer Prevention and Support
- Healthy Aging
- BSc Computer Science and Psychology
- BHSc Nutritional Medicine
- Currently studying Master of Human Nutrition
- Published author (peer reviewed journal – 2015)
- Researcher (research assistant in naturopathic clinical medicine)
- Genetic sequencing technician
- Working in the industry for a pracitioner-only supplement company
- Co-founder of Me&My Wellness – an integrative approach to case management to ensure the optimum treatment is received across a range of modalities
- Fully qualified nutritionist
- ANTA Registered (Australian Natural Therapists Association
- Health funds registration (Medibank Private, AHM, Australian Unity, CBHS, GU Health, HBF, HCF, NIB)
- Prescription of TGA approved, quality controlled supplements where needed
I was raised in South Africa on a fairly standard westernised diet, with not much knowledge of nutrition or health care until chronic diseases started to appear in the family. In my case, cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease. On trying to research for myself on the internet more about these diseases, I was bombarded with an overload of contradicting opinions on causes, prevention and treatment. But one thing that caught my attention were the roles that nutrition and lifestyle choices play in the cause and management of both of these chronic conditions. This prompted me to study nutritional medicine at a University level to find out the truth for myself. It has been an amazing journey of discovery, and one that will continue for the rest of my life!
It’s never too late to start implementing good nutritional practices in your own life, to prevent, manage or even reverse health conditions. It doesn’t have to be complicated, in fact I believe in keeping it simple. Very, very simple. And every little bit helps. You do as much as you can within your limitations, and that’s ok. Small steps can make a big difference. But sometimes you just need a little help and someone pointing you in the right direction. That’s where I come in!